Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day


Finding a gift for fathers day is so much harder than mothers day if you ask me. At least if your dad is like mine and has expensive hobbies (i.e. dirt bikes, boating etc) and enough ties and clothes. This year we thought a service project would really be a good way to show our dad we love him. Our cabin in Eden has needed some TLC since we bought it just over a year ago-had it not rained we would have gotten more done but here's what we worked on.

Liz was such a good baby!


P.s. I love my dad and all the hard work he puts into his job and making our family more enjoyable. In the 19 years we have lived in Utah my dad has worked at a bakery that required him to wake up at about 2:30 am with his days off being Wednesday and Sunday-the amazing part is that he has never taken a sick day. My dad is the best example of hard work that i know of-he rarely stops and when he does it to do something constructive like play with the grand kids.

1 comment:

tim said...

That's cool what you did for your pops, since he's been getting up at 2:30. It reminds me of my dad who took up a big paper route in addition to his full time job. He's been getting up at 3:00 for the past 15 years every day. It's a heck of a sacrifice. Take care Abs.